Monday 13 March 2017

2016 art journal complete and becoming a grandmother

The great event at the end of the year 2016 was the birth of our grandson. I’m a grandmother! How extraordinary! Sam Robert is an absolute delight. He smiles and chuckles and wins all our hearts.

I have just been completing my art journal for 2016 and painted his portrait for the final, December page.


I used a Japanese style book for my 2016 art journal. It opens like concertina. It looks quite fun now as a complete thing, but I found the large size pages rather a challenge month by month, and the cloth hinges tended to show too much.



I haven’t started this year’s yet, but I am using an ordinary ring-bound sketch pad of thick cartridge paper – not so daunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!